Effective February 10, 2023
- When we say “we”, “us”, “our” and “Ernest Goods Co.”, we are referring to Ernest Goods Company, LLC.
- When we say “you”, “user” or “individual(s)”, we are referring to the person accessing our websites and purchasing our products and services and the person whose personal information we are collecting, using and disclosing through cookies.
1. What do we mean by "cookie"?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile applications by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, and also to provide organizations some information on you and on your browsing activities.
Cookies have several functions, such as allowing you to navigate efficiently on a website or a mobile application, remembering your choices and the goods and services you purchased. Thanks to cookies, we:
- improve the knowledge we have of you and your interests;
- offer you content specifically personalized for you (for example to remember the choice of language you have made on our site, or to show you advertisements that are tailored to your needs and interest).
When we talk about “cookies” we are also talking about technologies similar to cookies, such as scripts, pixels, fingerprinting, web beacons and redirects. Scripts (sometimes called tags) are programs that run in your browser or mobile application and perform various actions, such as sending information to our servers.
Cookies can be implemented by us and also by third-party organizations.
2. What data do we collect when we place cookies on your browser and mobile device?
The cookies we place on your terminal give us access to the following personal information relating to you
- Identifiers of the equipment you use (IP address of your computer, Android identifier, Apple identifier, etc.);
- Type of operating system used by your terminal (Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Unix, etc.);
- Type and version of the browser software used by your terminal (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.);
- Dates and times of connection to our services;
- Address of the originating Internet page (“referrer”);
- Browsing data on our services, content viewed;
- Information relating to your use of our sites and applications;
- Information relating to the presence of cookies on your terminal, the time and date of viewing; a page, and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed;
- Information on whether or not you read emails that we send you, on the clicks you make on the links contained in these emails.
3. Are cookies absolutely essential for the websites to function properly?
Yes and no. Some cookies are necessary for our site to function (“essential cookies”). However, for others, when required by applicable legislation, your consent is collected before the cookies are implemented on your terminal.
Essential cookies allow our websites to function. Without them, your user experience would be degraded. The essential cookies that we implement without your consent are the following:
- Cookies recording the choice you have expressed on the implementation of cookies;
- Cookies used for authentication purposes and for ensuring the security of our authentication mechanism;
- Cookies used to “remember” the contents of your shopping cart, or to provide you with an invoice for the products and services that you have used;
- Cookies used for personalization of our user interface (choice of language, or presentation of our service), when such personalization is essential to provide you with our service;
- Cookies allowing you to automatically login into your account, using identifiers or data that you have previously entrusted to us;
- Cookies allowing us to ensure that the display of our content is suitable for your device;
- Cookies aimed at ensuring the security of the authentication mechanism, for example by limiting robotic or unexpected access attempts.
4. If we set cookies and they are not essential for the operation of our website, what are we using them for?
These cookies, for which we collect your consent, to measure our audience, to present you with personalized advertising, to tailor the content displayed on our website to your preferences, and to allow you to share our website content on social media platforms.
- Optimization of your navigation on our website and applications
- Recording of information relating to a form that you have filled in on our site (registration or access to your account) or to products, services or information that you have chosen on our site (service subscribed, content viewed, purchase made, etc.);
- A/B testing cookies, i.e., cookies allowing us to build traffic statistics and tests aimed at measuring the relative performance of different versions of our website, detecting navigation problems on our site or application, or even organize the content;
- Management of our platforms and performance of internal technical operations as part of problem solving, data analysis, tests, research, analysis, studies and surveys;
- Cookies allow us to improve the security measures of our website.
- Audience measurement and web analytics
- Establishment of statistics and volumes of visits and use of the various elements making up our site (sections and contents visited, routes) in order to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services;
- Calculation of the total number of advertisements displayed by us on our advertising spaces, ranking and statistics;
- Analysis of audiences based on the results of advertising campaigns;
- Determination of interests and behaviors;
- Improved customer / user knowledge for personalization purposes.
- Targeted advertisement on our sites and applications
- Adapting advertising spaces to the display preferences of your terminal (identification of advertisements, establishment of statistics and volumes of visits and use of the various elements making up our site: sections and content visited, routes) in order to improve interest and the ergonomics of our services;
- Tailoring the advertisements displayed on your terminal to (1), your browsing on the web and to the cookies that you have previously accepted (2), your centers of interest and uses (3), the data that you have previously communicated to us (4), where applicable, to the geographic location data of your terminal (5);
- Recognizing you for displaying personalized advertising on social networks;
- Measuring the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and offers, and capping of our displayed advertisement (so that the same advertisement is not presented to you for an excessive number of times).
- Personalization of your activity on our website and application
- Personalization of some of our editorial content to tailor it to your interests;
- Personalization of our product and service offers that are displayed to you;
- Tailoring the content of our website or of our products and services according to the consent you have previously consulted on our website.
- Sharing of your personal information on social media platforms
- The use of social networks to interact with our sites and applications (in particular the “like” buttons on Facebook, Twitter) allows you to share content of our website on social media platforms.
- For example, if you are connected to the social network Facebook and you visit a page of our site, Facebook is likely to collect this information.
- Likewise, if you consult an article on our website and click on the “tweet” button, Twitter will collect this information.
- Please consult the privacy policies of any such social networks to learn about the collections and processing they carry out on your data.
5. Are we the only ones who place cookies on your terminal?
No. Some cookies are set by our service providers who help us achieve our goals (for example Google sets a cookie to help us measure our audience). Other cookies are placed by our business partners, a list of which you will find here and which are also presented to you before they implement cookies on your terminal.
Below is a complete and updated list of third parties that implement cookies on your terminal through our website.
6. If applicable legislation requires it, how do we collect your consent?
Some legislations require that you give a freely given, specific, informed and express consent before we implement cookies on your device. When this is the case, we provide you with a simple tool that allows you to consent or refuse to consent to the storage of cookies according to their category (essential cookies, marketing cookies, personalization cookies, analytic cookies) and purpose.
You will be prompted to take a clear, affirmative action so that we can ensure that you agree with the processing of your personal information through the “on/off“ button in our cookie consent tool. Before obtaining your consent, we will systematically inform you of the names of the organizations implementing the cookies, the consequences of your consent or refusal to consent, the purposes of the processing, and your right to withdraw your consent.
You can choose to consent to certain uses that we or our partners will make of your data and to refuse others.
7. What if you change your mind?
If you decide to withdraw your consent, you can do so easily, either by contacting us via email at email@example.com or via our consent tool.
You can withdraw your consent at any time and easily. All you need to do is to send us an email at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org or by using our consent tool. If you refuse to give us your consent for non-essential cookies, or decide to withdraw it, you will not suffer any negative consequences and will be able to continue to use our service normally.